Organic Vegan Cannabutter Recipe
Serving size: 02
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Calories: 167 calories per serving
- 50-60 grams of "organic" cannabis (actual flowers for best results) – white widow harvested, potent
- 1 Ib. of unsalted "vegan" butter or margarine
- 7-10 cups water
- Decarboxylate: Turn the cannabis flowers into flour by first using a food processor once it’s flour like consistency. Spread it into a baking sheet and tray then back it on low heat 250° F for about 45 mins for chemicals to infuse and increase intensity of the weed.
- Do not open the oven during this process.
- Take it out and know that it’s ready once the color has changed to light brown and very dry in terms of texture.
- Let it cool down for about 15-20 mins.
- Then separate the weed flour into 2 piles.
- For each pile place 1 pile onto 2-layer cheese cloth roll it into a burrito shape with the weed flour inside. Fasten the burrito shaped cloth with 2 twines each.
- Leave the vegan butter or margarine on the counter till its room temperature then cut it into small cubes for easy dissolving.
- Using the double boiler, add water on the lower level on medium heat once the water starts boiling. Add the vegan butter in the top boiler.
- Once the vegan butter has melted fully add each burrito. Add 1 cup of water while the mixture is boiling and stir as required. Since water evaporates fast continue adding more water into the bottom boiler regularly as well. Here patience is the key this process can take anywhere from 2 -5 hours depending on the consistency of the mixture.
- After watching the mixture for about 2 hours, adding water every 30 – 40 mins to the bottom boiler, and stirring the top boiler mixture. Once liquid brown mixture removes the mixture from the boiler and strain it. Strain each burrito as well for more Cannabutter and re-strain the mixture to remove any particles.
- Place the mixture in an airtight container till it’s completely cool. Then stain the mixture again the vegan butter will be left on top the particles will be on the bottom.
- For best results reheat the vegan cannabis butter on low heat one more time and strain. Leave it in the fridge for about a month or 2 the most. This vegan butter can be used for anything including steak, toast and so on just like regular vegan butter but depending the on the cannabis even a small portion can get you high.
Leave a comment